Information for Sellers
You're ready to sell your property. And, while you're looking forward to seeing the word "SOLD" posted from the curb, you know there's a lot to consider along the way. One of your first decisions is to select a real estate company and real estate agent who'll join you in the process.
Exceeding Your Expectations
You deserve much more than a sign in the yard, fliers in a box and an occasional viewing. You deserve an experienced agent who will be at your side from beginning to end, ensuring that your property sells smoothly and you get the most money possible from the sale. I am that agent!
Price your home strategically so you're competitive with the current market and price trends.
Recommend staging strategies for your home to cast a positive light on the features most important to buyers.
Optimize your home's Internet presence, including plenty of photographs and a description of your property.
Market your property's availability via MLS, social media, flyers, email and showings to find prospective buyers.
Provide you with weekly updates detailing marketing efforts and progress.
Walk you through each step of the selling process, from listing to close.
Reasons for Selling
It is often more emotional to sell a home than to buy a home, and the reason for selling your home may be a determining factor in how the home is priced, especially if “urgency” is a major factor. It is important to take the following factors that can influence the sale of your home into consideration. As your professional, I can show you how each of these items could potentially influence the selling of your home.
- Market Conditions
The Cost of Selling
It is very important to first calculate the expenses that may be incurred while selling your home. This knowledge is absolutely necessary because it helps you to understand the potential profit that you can realize. As your professional agent, I can provide for you an estimate of closing costs showing what your net proceeds will be. The cost of selling your home may include things like commission to be paid to the agent, taxes, title insurance, escrow fees, advertising costs or specific reports, such as a property inspection. I can help you simplify and understand this process.
The most important factor when putting your home on the market to sell is setting the right price. The price at which your property is marketed can make or break the deal. In our current Central Oregon market, this has never been so important. Your home is worth what someone is willing to pay for, nothing more, nothing less. It takes a true professional agent who understands the comparables, neighborhoods and current market trends to get this as fine-tuned as possible.
Over-pricing of the property may result in:
- A smaller buyers' pool.
A prolonged stay on the market that will result in lower offers being submitted and the property becoming stale.
Under-pricing of the property may result in:
- You losing money on your investment.
- A buyer offering an even lower amount due to a negative perception of the property or area.
Although you cannot do anything about the location of your property, it plays a very important part in the marketability of your home. So, it is important to take the following factors into consideration:
- How is your property priced in relation to other properties in your area?
- What type of neighborhood is your property located in - well-established, up-and-coming, transitional?
- Is your property located in an urban or rural area?
Condition of Your Property
The condition of your property is always a factor in how quickly your home sells. It's a fact: acquiring the highest market value and elevating your home above the others in the same price range often comes down to first impressions. Here are some inexpensive ways to maximize your home's curb appeal:
- Keep the grass cut and yard clutter to a minimum.
- Apply fresh paint to any wooden fences and your front door.
- Clean windows inside and out.
- Wash or paint your home's exterior.
- Ensure gutters and other exterior fashions are firmly attached.
- Consider getting a professional inspection.
Concerning professional inspections - it is not uncommon to get a professional home inspection before you put your home on the market to detect any problems that may arise. You can fix the problems ahead of time and know exactly what you will be dealing with during that inspection contingency time. I can help guide you through that process and make recommendations for a qualified professional inspection vendor and how to address the items in the report.
Did you know well-placed furniture can open up rooms and make them seem larger than they are? Or, that opening drapes and blinds and turning on lights make a room seem bright and cheery? It's true, which is why staging your home to look its absolute best is an important factor in the selling process. Here are some inexpensive ways to highlight your home's best features:
- Clean or paint walls and ceilings.
- Clean all flooring and fixtures including lights and fans.
- Repair all plumbing leaks.
- Remove excessive wall hangings and furniture.
- Put away personal items such as family pictures.
- Turn on all lights and open the drapes during the daytime.
- Play quiet background music and infuse your home with a comforting scent.
- Vacate the property when it is being show to prospective buyers.
Accessibility is a major issue in many parts of the world. Again you cannot do anything about your home's accessibility to specific things, but it does play a role in the price of your property. I will work with you to highlight the places of interest that are most accessible to your home. Here are a few important areas to think about:
- Public transportation.
- Main roads.
- Shopping centers.
- Schools or other educational institutions.
- Outdoor-areas: public pools, parks, playgrounds.
- Downtown or Mill District.
Working with Dan Cardot You Get:
- An experienced real estate agent with an expertise in the selling process from listing to close.
- Marketing savvy and tools to get your home top-tier exposure.
- An allied partner looking out for you and your home throughout the selling process.
- Expertise in listing, pricing, staging and selling your home to the right buyer quickly.
I Commit to Helping You Sell Your Home By:
- Professionally smoothing the way for your listing and sale.
- Providing knowledgeable pricing and staging to make sure your home puts its best foot forward.
- Using our unique marketing systems to maximize your property's exposure.
- Our relationship is dependent on us meeting and exceeding your needs so that you are satisfied with the outcome of your sale.
Have any questions? Contact me today. And happy home-selling!
The content relating to real estate for sale on this website comes in part from the MLS of Central Oregon. Real Estate listings held by Brokerages other than Bend Premier Real Estate are marked with the Reciprocity/IDX logo, and detailed information about these properties includes the name of the listing Brokerage. © MLS of Central Oregon (MLSCO).
This content last updated on May 22nd, 2019 at 4:59pm PDT. Some properties which appear for sale on this website may subsequently have sold or may no longer be available.
All information provided is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed and should be independently verified.
All content displayed on this website is restricted to personal, non-commercial use, and only for ascertaining information regarding real property for sale. The consumer will not copy, retransmit nor redistribute any of the content from this website. The consumer is reminded that all listing content provided by automatic transmission by MLSCO is © MLS of Central Oregon (MLSCO).